Monday, February 8, 2010

It’s been a while…

Since I have written or updated.  I kind of lost my writing bug.  Like what happens after every attempt I have had at writing in a journal too.  I just don’t think I have anything interesting to say.  But I am going to just push through it and start again.  So here is a little update.

October,

We had a great trip to Utah.  All summer long Chris has traveled to Indiana, PA every other week.  He had to go again in Oct. and Audrey was off track so I thought instead of staying home and feeling lonely we would all go to Utah and visit.  We had fun being the Grandma Margaret and cousins.  I also had the opportunity to visit some dear friends.  Thank you all for your hospitality.  It was so fun to catch up with each of you.  I am so bummed because I didn’t take any pictures.  While there I also went from my high lighted hair to dark brown.  I just got so tired of the roots showing and not being able to keep it up.  And it is just one more expense, so I went dark.  We had a party to celebrate Chris’ 30th birthday. 

November,

I went home from Utah for a few short days and then we flew out to California.  My mom goes to visit my brother Ryan every year over Halloween and it was my turn to take care of Grandma.  So we headed on over.  I had  plans to take the girls to the beach and go out to dinner on Chris’ birthday, but Kate and I got some kind of stomach flu.  It was horrible.  So instead of a fun birthday, Chris played mom for the day and took care of us.  He felt pretty jilted for a while, I am not sure if he is over that yet.  When we felt better we took some family pictures by my talented sister Chelsea.  Chris only stayed for the weekend and then it was up to me to take care of Grandma (she has Alzheimer's – doesn’t know who I am) and all the kiddos myself.  Chelsea and I got together almost everyday though and that was fun.  I wish we lived closer.  And for another change I chopped my hair off.  I just needed a good change.  I only have a few pictures from that trip.

Lots of stuff 2-3-10 061

Shane riding the horse.

Lots of stuff 2-3-10 062

Kate crying because it was not her turn to ride the horse.  This was at Eisenhower park, a great park that I grew up visiting when I was young.

Lots of stuff 2-3-10 075

A week or so after we came home, my mom and grandma flew out to visit us and enjoy Thanksgiving with us.  It was a crazy week, the day before she came I got a job at Hobby Lobby.  

*Side note- one of the reasons I haven’t written was we thought for a little bit we might be moving.  Chris was on the bubble at work for like 6 months.  He was applying to all sorts of jobs in and out of the company he was working for.  Everyday it seemed he came home and asked how do you feel about living in ______?  So I always felt like we were up in the air.   By the end of November the stress had kind of gotten to him and we agreed I would see if I could get a job somewhere to give us a buffer if he did end up loosing his job. 

December,

December went by so fast.  Anyone that has worked retail you know the blur that is called the Christmas season.  It was a busy month for us.  But at the end of the month Chris and I had both felt like we had enough of me being gone in the evenings and contemplated how much longer we wanted to go through this working thing.  I thought I could hold on till the end of February or March and then we found out that baby #4 would be coming a little sooner than we anticipated.  So I hung in there a few weeks and am now happily spending my evenings making dinner and cleaning it up.

January

January basically consists of feeling nauseated and tired, aren’t first trimesters great.

So hopefully I can keep a little more updated from here on out. 

Lots of stuff 2-3-10 098

This is CJ cleaning my floor for me.  He is such a sweet  boy.

Lots of stuff 2-3-10 106

He is such a little climber.  This is his new trick, climbing onto the rocking chair.

Lots of stuff 2-3-10 095

The girls just after their dance recital.  They both did so great.  This was Kate’s first year for dance.  And her first time wearing mascara.  She is not quite good at not rubbing her eyes, that is why she has black under her eyes.

9 comments:

Grandma H said...

Thanks for sharing the fun pictures.

Jen said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! Hopefully the work situation has been resolved! And baby #4!?! You're due towards the end of the summer? Congrats!

Jenn H. said...

Wow Kara that is quite the update!! I can't believe how big they are all getting!!! So cute!!

The Biggs Family said...

Wow look at that belly on CJ. So cute. And Audrey looks just like you with make-up. It reminds me of the one with you in the Army Jazz custom. Do you remember?

Happy Birthday CJ

Jean said...

the picture of CJ cleaning the floor is divine! I love it!

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

congrats on baby #4. We are praying for you. And your hair looks amazing!love you!

Michael said...

Glad to see you blogging again- you were missed. Congratulations about baby #4. We've been right on schedule with your other 3 (including the miscarriage after #2) but I'm sorry to say we're falling behind. No baby here- at least not yet.

Michael said...

If you are wondering who Michael is- it's me- Niki. Mike was logged in and I didn't realize until I posted.

jwilson said...

WOW! Congrats on baby #4! WOOHOO! I LOVE your haircut!!!! I hope you are feeling better.
Miss you!
Jen