Monday, November 7, 2011

I am an open book

For anyone who reads this and is friends with me on Facebook, this will be a repeat.

I am an open book. That is how I process information and deal with many of my life's situations. I sometimes wish I could keep things to myself and just accept and move on. But I am who I am and right now changing this is not high on my priority list.

Today we found out our sweet baby Olivia growing inside me has a birth defect. She most likely has agenesis of the corpus callosum ( I will have an MRI on Wed. for a definitive diagnosis.) This is a neurological defect which affects how her brain will talk from the left to the right. There are many different grades and it will be a while before we know exactly the severity.

My mind is swimming and so many tears have been shed. I just wanted to write this down for myself the day we found out. So that I will remember where I am and can eventually look back and see how the hand of the Lord will lead us from here. I know that God has a plan for us. I know that he created us and there is purpose in all that happens. I also know that how ever Olivia comes out and whatever it is we have to overcome in this life, she will be perfect in the next. Christ paid the ultimate price so that we may be resurrected and be made perfect.

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers and appreciate all that you do.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your family is in my prayers. Love you!

Lisa Henderson said...

Kara! I love you and am thinking about you. I learned this last year that I can do hard things and I know you can too. You will probably find that not only can you do hard things but that they will change you and define you for the better.
Love you!

Tina said...

Your family is in our prayers. Thank you for sharing your faith. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and there is a purpose to it all. We love you guys!

Jen said...

So sorry to hear that! Your family will be in our prayers!