Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tornado

















Sunday night we had a tornado here in Parker. This was just the beginning of the funnel cloud. This was taken in our back yard. As you can see it looks like it is really close. Well, it was close, but not in our backyard. It was a mild one that when it touched down it just kicked up a lot of dust. There was no damage to any homes. It was pretty exciting for about 20 minutes until it passed.

4 comments:

Annie said...

That would be exciting but scary at the same time. I'm with you on the orange rolls. I tried to make some and they just weren't the same.

Lisa Henderson said...

That is crazy! Kind of scary but Im glad no ones homes were hurt. I love orange rolls too. Cinnamon rolls are so heavy but for some reason orange rolls feel lighter so you can eat more!

J.L Schofield, Independent Scentsy Consultant said...

Hey! We heard there was a tornado around here before we moved down! I'm glad it didn't damage anything. You got some great pictures!
Rick plans on coming down as soon as he can to get his motorcycle. He'll be headed to Ut to pick up the kiddos and take my dad back up on Friday. So, we'll call you next week. We hope his bike hasn't been in your way! Thank you so much for letting us leave it there and for taking him to the airport! We can't wait to see you guys again!
I hope you're feeling better!
HUGS!
JL

Shannon said...

Wow! That is exciting. I'm glad it was just a little baby one. Has it made you want to work on your food storage?