I have been having an affair for a long time now. I have a passionate attachment to food. The sweet and decedent kind in particular. I need to end it but don’t know how. I have been loving him for so many years now, I’m not sure I can break up with him. But I have too. He is not fulfilling me. He is and always has left me feeling empty and self conscious. I have given him a lot of good years; have turned to him for good occasions and bad. I have turned to him more than some of my own family, but he has only left me with heaviness. Not heaviness of heart, but of hip and stomach and thigh. Where I have indulged in him and brought him to many events, he has given me nothing but belly fat.
I thought I was over him, but his sugary, doughy, chocolaty ways keep me hanging on. He keeps seducing me with promises that each bite will be so good. And they usually are, it is just I am left holding them (literally) forever.
So it must stop.
It has to stop.
Today I will break up with him!
Wish me luck.

3 comments:
You will LOVE it....its sucks for the first few weeks but Im almost 5 months out of the relationship and its one of the best things Ive ever done!
Your cleverest blog yet!! I loved it! Very Christensen, which we both know is the greatest blog compliment ever!!!
I laughed and laughed! Some people are able to eat it in moderation. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't! :) But if you feel like it's out of control if might be better to give it up :) But I'm no expert on this. I try not to be extreme one way or the other. This comes from a mom who won't even LOOK at anything with sugar in it. That seems a little extreme to me :) My solution has been joining Curves for Women :) It works me out just right--not too much not too little. I don't feel exhausted afterwards like with a lot of work outs I've done. I actually have more energy. It naturally helps me eat better too. I've never been one to diet (I just like food too much!) but when I'm exercising regularly I do every in moderation much better. BUT everyone is different, you have to find what is right for you :) Good luck! Love ya! I'm sure you're body won't miss the sugar if you do decide to give it up!
Post a Comment