I was trying to make this
And I ended up with this
I know a bunch a little first graders are not going to care. But I do. I am really trying to be good at this cake decorating stuff, and it is just not coming.
And now I am left with a kitchen that looks like this:
Thursday, August 27, 2009
I am Frustrated..
Posted by Kara at 8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ah Kara I am sorry and so there with you on feeling frustrated while decorating cakes. I realy wish I could take a class but first I have to have time to do it. I bet they are yummy though!
Wow that was a good laugh! Thanks i really needed that. I could feel your disappointed in your picture. I don't know why this so funny to me. .....Still laughing.
I can see your sad little face and your frustration. I would be too!
Landon says "you should know better then to go for such high hopes"
I'll call you in the morning about this.
Oh man! Although I do have to say that your actual cupcake colors looks way more appetizing that the pictures do.
Yummm cupcakes. I'm sure they tasted great. Did you use a piping bag with a fat tip for the frosting? That's the only way I know how to pile it up like that. But who need that much sugar, right.
Thanks for the tip on the book.
Hey QT, all you need is the right tip! I'm sure they tasted great. Buy a bag and a tip (1M) and you will be on your way!
Oh, dear! I can help you, you know. Your cake looks like an awesome swirl! The cupcake turned out great!
If you want brighter cake colour, use the paste food colour that you find in the cake decorating aisle at Michaels. It's pretty intense but the only way to make real deep reds and blues!
Get a pastry bag with a 1A decorating tip when you are at Michaels. If you don't want to have the trouble of tips and couplers, you can usually find disposable decorating bags there, too. They're easy to use! I have a piping tutorial on my blog...
... if you have any questions you can email me at sasha (dot) libby (at) shaw (dot) ca
Post a Comment