Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My New Love

I have a new love... "Stevia". It is an herb that is sweet. I have used it instead of sugar. And I love it. It has hardly any calories (really it has like none) and doesn't go into the blood stream like sugar does. It really is made from an herb so it is not a chemical. I have made bread with it and kool aid, along with adding it to tea and cereal. It is much sweeter than sugar so you don't need as much, but there are not listed equivalences so the wheat bread came out pretty sweet. But with practice I will hopefully have it down to a science.

Thanks Julie for the great idea!!!!

9 comments:

Derek and Emily said...

Wow Kara, I'm impressed that you bake bread! Maybe one day I'll be like you.

Julie B. said...

Hey Birthday Girl!! I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday! Stevia is wonderful! I first bought some about 5 or 6 years ago and was very impressed. I don't like the taste of artificial sweetners so this is a great alternative.
You two little ones are just adorable. I love the layout you've done on your blog!
Have a wonderful day!
Julie

Tanya McKibben said...

You inspired me! I am going shopping today and will pick some up. I am so sorry I didn't send you a card for your b-day!! I missed it. I am going to read your b-day blog entry now. I love you!

Tina said...

Cousins: Chris, Kara and the Kids!

Cousin it has been a few years since I have seen you. How are you doing?

We are doing great here in Seattle.

It's good to see that the kids are smiling.

Love- dan and tina brewer

Erin said...

Kara...

How are you? I was reading Julie's blog (I am a huge fan) and noticed a comment you made. How fun!

Your little family it ADORABLE!

How is your mom? Please send her a big hellow from me!

Take care,

Erin (Staffanson) McGibbon

Tanya McKibben said...

How are you?? I miss chatting with you! Because I am so far away now, you need to update your blog a little more. I wanna know how my sweet Kara is doing. love you!

T

Anonymous said...

Hey....Thanks For Your Comments on my Blog :)

I like Stevia and I am a Total Sugar-holic!!! So...it if can work for me, then it can work for anyone! :)


Your cousin...sortof...
Merrianne

Anonymous said...

oh yeah...i forgot to mention this in my last comment:
to answer your question about what kind of Engineer Spencer will be..he will be an Electronics Engineer/Technician. That would be awesome if Chris's company that he works for would have something for him next year!!! We are wanting to move Westward! :) Thanks for thinking about us!!!! Hey...if he hooks Spencer up with a good job when he is out of school, then I promise Spencer will teach him how to do the splits & he will be his personal weight-lifting trainer like you wanted :)!!!!! ha hahaaa!!!

*Merrianne*

Tanya McKibben said...

Hey Kare Bear! What's up chicka!?