I have had a few comments and questions about my cake making skills lately and so I thought I would elaborate a little. I haven't taken any classes (yet). But last year I tried to make a cute cake for Kate's 1st birthday and it turned out hideous. So for Christmas Chris gave me a small cake making set. It just has 3 nozzles. A friend gave a me a great recipe for butter cream frosting and the rest is my doing.
I really like making something special for their birthdays, a cake just for them. I hope I can make that a tradition now that I am a little better at it.
Here is a picture of Kate's cake last year.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
My Cake Making Skills
Posted by Chris at 1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so fun. I am afraid I lack cake making skills, but hopefully if I ever make it out there you can teach me. You are talented woman!
Thanks for sharing!!! Can I tell you i miss our early morning aerobic classes! Ahh the memories! Your great and i want you to know that. Miken
You have come a long way from last year. I have decided just to get my kids addicted to funfetti cakes so I dont have to make a cool cake. I have tried and lack the talent. Good for you!
hi Kara! how are you? i love hearing about what's going on with you guys. i was laughing about the cake thing - but i am into it too. i have had the most luck with those little tins that you can get 40% off at Roberts (do you guys have anything like that?) because then you just follow the indents and fill everything in. i have been borrowing my sister-in-laws pipper though, so if you like your decorating kit you should tell me the name so i can ask santa for it this year. max and lucy have birthdays 2 weeks apart in Jan & Feb so i bake a lot more after the holidays than before :) xo, Tyece
Post a Comment