I thought I would always remember every detail of the milestones in my children's lives. I remember where we were when Audrey first counted to 10 (we were on our way home from having Sunday dinner with Chris' family). But I don't remember how old she was. The other day Kate started counting, and in short of one week she can completely count to 12 and say her ABC's all by herself. She is so smart. (For history purposes I should put that she just turned 2.)
Yesterday as I was dropping Audrey off at dance, another mother pulled me aside to tell me that Audrey was so good. The door is usually closed except for a crack, but I guess last week the teacher left if open and she was able to watch the girls dance. She said that Audrey seemed like a very dedicated dancer. She could follow what the teacher was saying and do the moves right. She said she was the best in the class!! Oh how I beamed with pride for my little girl.
I read a friend of mines blog and she opened her heart to describe the pain that she has had to go through with her infertility. In it she talked about women should be more grateful for the pregnancies that they have and the children they raise. It really touched me all that she wrote about. So this is my ode to the girls. They grow so quickly. It really does seem like yesterday that I was bringing Audrey and then Kate home from the hospital. They are such sweet, good girls. I feel so blessed to be their mother.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
ABC's and 123's
Posted by Chris at 6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
KARA!!!! It is so cool to read about your life and your family. Sounds like things couldn't be better!!!! I am glad to see how happy you are. :)
I know what you mean about them growing up so fast. I treat Davis like hes still 9 months old. I went to rotate out his clothes for the winter and when I pulled out the ones Caleb use to wear I couldnt believe that Davis was old enough for them. C
It does not surprise me that Audrey is awesome at dance at all. I lvoe the pictures of the girls you added too.
Post a Comment