Friday, October 5, 2007

Paranoia?

I am pretty new to the blogging world, I have just been blogging since July. But I love it. I love to catch up with friends and family that I don't see that often and even funner is to see their friends sites. I love to see everyone's creativity and see that many women go through some of the very same things as me.

It has only been in the last month that I started thinking about the safety of what I write in our blog. So when in the same day two of my friends put their blog to private and invite only I thought maybe there was something I should know. I started to wonder if the stuff I have put on our blog would be harmful, and wonder if any weirdos would be checking us out. During the time I was pondering if we needed to put our blog to private I got a comment from someone I did not recognize. The comment seemed harmless, but I just could not figure out who sent it. When I clicked on the name the only information listed was location: Afghanistan and Occ: Accounting. Needless to say I was freaked out. I thought some freak in Afghanistan is writing about my Audrey, what have I done? I told a lot of my friends and told Chris we would probably need to make our site private. I was sad about that because I thought for sure people browsing my friends sites would be sad they couldn't look at mine.

Then today I was reading a friend's blog that is only updated Thursday nights (meaning I haven't checked it since last Friday)and I see her initials and realize that she is the one who left the comment. The reason it said Afghanistan and Accounting is because those are both the first in the list (your know alphabetical) and she didn't choose a location or description. I laughed so hard. Here I was all freaked out that I am so popular that people from around the world are looking at my site. And in reality they are "just not that into me." Little 'ol me is now down to earth and I am grateful that at least one person humors my humor, thanks Chelsea.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Kara that is great! I have the same concerns about bloging, how funny that you thought your nighmare was coming true. I'm glad you figured it out. And thanks for finding us, and I'm glad you were just a click away. You have a great blog with a super cute family. Stop by ours anytime. I'll be adding you to my list of friends who blog...okay.

Annie said...

That's funny! Even though I made our blog private I have been rethinking it for the same reason you mentioned. It's easier to find those long lost friends if their blogs aren't private. That's how I was able to find you guys.

Tanya McKibben said...

Hi Kara. I'll have to give you a call soon. Thanks for offering to help me! I am still trying to figure things out on my end, but I will let you know if I can use you. I have been thinking about you lately. How are you? I want to make some of my things (like my metal canaster that holds utincels) cute with paper. I like my blog public. I have a few friends who are private, but I also like that other people can say hello and find us. Oh the dilema! Enjoy conference tomorrow. Love ya!

The Biggs Family said...

Well it looks like more then one person looks at yours... Hey what happen to the beautiful picture... well that one is nice too. Love ya

Jean said...

HOLY CROW!
You have 225 hits!
How often do you check this thing! :) :)
There really could be someone from anywhere I guess!
I do feel a lot better knowing that people are reading mine though, b/c before I didn't know if I was just writing to myself!

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you aren't private - at least not yet. Found you on Shannon's blog and I'm glad to see things are good. I understand the fears so I try to take certain measures..like not using last names, exact locations, etc. Still, I doubt it would be hard to find me if you really tried:) Keep in touch and come by my blog anytime!