Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fun in the Sun




We had a very fun filled weekend. Some friends of ours also have an anniversary in August, so we decided to switch babysitting (for a WHOLE night) with them so we could both enjoy a night alone with our spouse. Chris and I had a very relaxing time while they watch our girls. It was great not to be woken up at the crack of dawn by a little girl throwing all her stuffed animals on you. We also enjoyed a bike ride together. I learned a very valuable lesson. Your seat on your bike needs to be high enough that when you pedal your legs should extend almost straight so you get the most out of every rotation. Half way through our ride I am huffing and puffing and Chris is just cruising along, no problem. I keep dropping hints that I think we need to go back, but he is having so much fun he just keeps riding. I finally stop and tell him flat out that I don't think I can make it back if we keep going. We turn around and head home, then he finally looks at me on my nice new bike and he laughs", your seat is not high enough." I probably looked like a big kid on a little bike. I lifted my seat and it truly was much easier. But then I had worn myself out doing twice as much work as him that I lagged all the way home. But it still was a great time together.

The next night we watch their 3 children so they could have some fun alone time. Here are some pictures of the kids playing in the pool. Sorry no pics of me huffing from a bike ride.

2 comments:

The Biggs Family said...

I'm sure you did some more huffing and puffing later that night...and no we don't need those pictures. I wish we had bikes. Glad you guys had fun.

Tanya McKibben said...

Ha! Chelsea Biggs...you are so funny! I thought that, but was not going to write it. Kara, I am glad you had a fun anniversary with your hubby! Josh and I rode bikes the other day too. We are borrowing my dad's 17 year old bikes. It's time to invest in our own. Those pics of the girls are beautiful! I love the colors!